International Women's Day 2017

Gord Barentsen

I just wanted to take this opportunity to recognize International Women's Day 2017 as an important day for recognizing the inequality between men and women which still prevails in Western (and other) cultures:

https://www.internationalwomensday.com/

I'm not too political (on this site...ahem), but I want to take this opportunity to voice my complete support for gender equality in the workforce (and elsewhere), as well as my utter disgust with the phenomenon of domestic violence against women which seems to have some sort of foothold in Australia and elsewhere.

Women have it tough in this world - they have an unruly physiology which is far more complex than the male body, they have to deal with a stigma of being weaker and more emotionally vulnerable than men, and they make less per year on average than men.

Bullshit.

• Like 4

When a book and a head collide and a hollow sound is heard, must it always have come from the book? -- Lichtenberg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 6:14 PM, Gord Barentsen said:

the phenomenon of domestic violence against women which seems to have some sort of foothold in Australia and elsewhere.

Well you know Australia has this masculine culture which is centred around alcohol, and I think that it encourages spousal abuse because if you let "your woman" get the upper hand then you lose your status as a male...very stupid.  But it's why I'm glad that some bars in cities like Sydney have earlier closing hours.

Please create an account or sign in to comment.

Only registered Members can post comments.

Create an account

Take a minute and sign up as a Member. Free and easy!

Become a Member

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In

Important Information

Hello guest! In using this site you agree to LiquidFractal's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy