So...how is life under COVID?

NotWithoutMyOntic

Well, I'm buried under a pile of preparatory reading (as always) for my next writing project.  To be honest, COVID didn't change that much for me - I was an academic shut-in before and that's continued largely unchanged. :$

It's still a bit strange to see the streets still deserted, even if things seem subliminally geared towards a re-opening (at least that's what the reno work and lights on in storefronts behind locked doors seem to suggest).

When a book and a head collide and a hollow sound is heard, must it always have come from the book? -- Lichtenberg

good to hear that people are still alive and well after a time away.

things here have been better...muy friend's caught COVID and he's afraid that he's given it to his whole family (including his 5 yr-old daughter).  He's understandable freaking out right now and at his wit's end because he's been reading about all the symptoms after COVID, what I think some Canadian researchers have begun to call the "long-hauler" conditions.

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

@petrichor, I'm so sorry to hear about this.  Where does your friend live?  Now America I hope...unfortunately, that place is a disaster and not getting better anytime soon.

I wish I could say more, but all I can really do is wish your friend well in these crazy times.  I hope he and his family are all right.

• Thanks 1

When a book and a head collide and a hollow sound is heard, must it always have come from the book? -- Lichtenberg

• 5 weeks later...

Please create an account or sign in to comment.

Only registered Members can post comments.

Create an account

Take a minute and sign up as a Member. Free and easy!

Become a Member

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In

Important Information

Hello guest! In using this site you agree to LiquidFractal's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy