Reputation system

Gord Barentsen

Reputation System  

4 Members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Reputation System on the site that gives points based on contributions?

• yes
    • no
    • not sure

Hi everyone,

I suppose I should have led with this poll(!)...but I've set up a Reputation system on the site.  We're a very small group right now, and I hope this will do something to encourage new Members to join and existing Members to come by a bit more and post.  Ideally, with a larger community I would like to see some rewards system for regular contributors beyond the points system (e.g., prizes), but I thought we'd start with this.  It gives people reputation points based on points, with the opportunity to "graduate" levels based on contributions to the community.  I'm entirely open to suggestions on this - we can have prizes, additional access unlocked to the site, etc.  I have given all existing Members 10 Reputation points to begin with.

So please see the attached poll and vote your conscience, as they say :).  This poll will automatically close at the end of the month.  If people vote against it I will disable it, but for now I thought we'd leave it in place and see what happens.

• Like 1

When a book and a head collide and a hollow sound is heard, must it always have come from the book? -- Lichtenberg

I think the reputation thing is a good idea as long as people can't vote others down. It look good the way it is right now.

PS I'm downtown right now but thanks for your Freud post! A lot to digest but you made Freud more interesting for me :D. Will say some more about it later.

• Like 1

'That's why they call it the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.'  - George Carlin

On 05/21/2016 at 7:53 PM, Graham Barnett said:

I think the reputation thing is a good idea as long as people can't vote others down.

I agree on this- this isn't the kind of site that should be voting peoples ideas down. But yeah it's a good idea.

This topic has been closed.

Important Information

Hello guest! In using this site you agree to LiquidFractal's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy