NBN madness(?)

Gord Barentsen

Sorry for the lapse lately folks...apparently Optus (or Telstra?  They seem to own the infrastructure) are unable to fix a certain tower due east of me, which has been wreaking havoc on my internet connectivity of late.

Hopefully things have been resolved by now, although my wife tells me a story of someone whose Internet was out for two weeks while they "implemented" the NBN in his area. O.o  I hope this has nothing to do with the NBN (which is currently being extended to my street here in Frankston), but who knows these days, in an era of phone menus, "live chat" which never connects, and an overall illusion of customer service?

(And yes, I get a bit cranky without my Internet....)

• Haha 1

When a book and a head collide and a hollow sound is heard, must it always have come from the book? -- Lichtenberg

• 3 weeks later...

Mate youre about to recieve the official welcome to Australian internet...a step behind Lithuania in almost every way.

sorry for the bad typing but cant' wake up this am :coffee:

• Haha 1

'That's why they call it the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.'  - George Carlin

• 4 months later...

Well our transition month is September.  There's a 21st century saying that if you really want to know what someone is really like, watch how they react to the internet being down. My poor wife 😐

When a book and a head collide and a hollow sound is heard, must it always have come from the book? -- Lichtenberg

Please create an account or sign in to comment.

Only registered Members can post comments.

Create an account

Take a minute and sign up as a Member. Free and easy!

Become a Member

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In

Important Information

Hello guest! In using this site you agree to LiquidFractal's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy